Monday, August 14, 2006

OUR ROOMIES!

Well hello again :) Where did I leave off? Here are our "roomies" until Christmas! The house they wanted to buy fell through so now they are building a custom home. I really believe that God worked all of this out perfectly for me to have a "friend" while adjusting to a new state, no job, no friends...in order for me not to be too lonely. Jody, is the blonde and mother of Morgan...teaches 3rd grade at Clements. Morgan started Kindgergarten last week at Clements. Michael is the other guy next to Forrest, friends since HS...and now coaching together as their careers take off. Sally is the black dog, that belongs to our roommates...as well as Copper, not seen since he doens't get much lovin' in the backyard :( And here is my unfinished kitchen...that hopefully I'll get to tomorrow. It'll be red texture on the top with white beadboard on the bottom :) Lovely huh?
I really do enjoy the down time of not having a "full time/ over-time" job right now. I'm so grateful for the rest the Lord has provided...but please don't get me wrong I love my Baylor students and family :) and miss them dearly!! :(
So what do I do all day?
Hmmmm...here is a typical day...get up usually when the "working crew" gets out the door
7AM and all head to Clements...I.....walk Bella, run w/ Copper, and walk Sally (if she's lucky)...try to make time for a long quiet time, empty the dishwasher, load the dishwasher, empty the trash, start a load of laundry, watch the View, fold clothes, unpack a box or 2...tidy up where needed...make 2 kettles of sweet tea (the house wine of the South), figure out what I can cook to help contribute to Jody's buffet for dinner :) She's a great cook and hates leftovers...write and mail thank you letters...open checking accounts, try to get an AL drivers license, grocery shop if need be, email friends and family far away, empty the trash, paint my canvases, watch Oprah, IM my BU co-workers :)...feed and water all of the dogs...change over our new address and direct deposits for cell phone, insurance, check on my car to see when it'll be out of the shop, and all other duties assigned by the head coach in order for me to be a great head coach's wife...:)
Job update: I did interview last week at a nearby community college. I think it went pretty well...there were 30 "finalists" that received an interview and we should know something by the end of the week. My prayer is ..if it's meant to be then the offer will be made, and if not then it's not meant to be. I'll keep you posted on any further news.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home