Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Thanksgiving 2006 & Bazaar Time @ MSU


Thanksgiving 2006 & MSU Holiday Bazaar pictures can be seen by clicking HERE! We had so much fun with our families. It was so great to go and relax and not think about the next thing we had on our "to do list." We stayed at my brother's new house in Collierville, TN...so we got a lot of down time with our sweet, 2 year old niece, Abby. Here is a video of her and I...(click on the song title) she loves Rascal Flatts and her favorite song is "Me and My Dang" (ha) because she can't pronounce her "g's" yet. She is adorable! The hardest time of the trip with her is when I went with her to get a flu shot and had to help hold her down while they gave it to her in her leg (ahhh) I felt so mean...but she's over it and the high pitched screams are over...but I'll never forget it as long as I live...she just trusted me to take care of her and then I had to lie and tell her we were just going to say "hi" to the Dr. :(
We also got to spend 1 night in Memphis with our friends Charlie & Candace. Candace & I were on the MSU Pom Squad together and Charlie played in the Famous Maroon Band and Forrest was the football player. Aren't we a spirited Bulldog group? :) It was so fun and such a blessing. They took us out to their new land they are building on....sooo pretty. Bella loved it the most! Here is Candace, Bella, and I...ahh pretty girls! Then we went to eat at Firebirds...a new restaurant...and then the boys went to a movie and Canae and I ...what else...PAINTED!
Our masterpiece is the red/snowman one in the picture album. I let her keep because we both made it. I made another the next day and sold it at the show. The words and design were her idea. Go team! I almost forgot...they have a MAC computer that has weird disiullusions...(hence what you saw in the picture album)
My very 1st art show went pretty well. It was held at MSU in the Sanderson Center....I place I frequented way too much back in college...(working out) but it brought back some good memories...crazy to go back as an "adult" though. I would have been happy to sell 1 piece but I sold about 12... :) It was a good experience...I did 4 custom paintings while there...as shown in the picture album. Thank you to Forrest's parents for helping me set up, keeping me company, and the much needed encouragement to step out there and just do it! :) And to MK! You definately gave me some amazing pointers.
THANK YOU THANK YOU!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Segrest Family said...

go you!!! 12 canvases! that was worth it!
your booth looks great!
im up painting right now...

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home