Monday, September 04, 2006

Tough Loss....Great Weekend


I'm back!!!!!!! Just wanted to update you all on our weekend. Well....... we lost the game on Thursday (unfortunately) but that's ok...our opponent was a ranked team and we had some costly mistakes (fumbled twice in the red zone). We are a great team..just need to fix a few things. Final score: 28-6. It was such a beautiful, perfect night. Great weather for HS football! I even have a "sports injury" from scraping my calves on the concrete bleachers so hard when I wanted us to get in the endzone! (no picture necessary) Forrest had 8 family members come from 3 states to watch his "head coach debut." A fun time was had by all ...and we're gearing up for this week's home game. I was a proud coach's wife that night...and continue to be. I'm amazed at the pressure my husband is under yet you'd never know it by his disposition and talk. I definitely had chill bumps and tears in my eyes when the team ran through the goalpost sign and scored their first touchdown...all that we have done to "get over here" had come to fruition and we are beginning to see the "why" in it all.
Here are a few picture to commerate the weekend. After Thursday..we started the weekend early be celebrating 4 birthdays!! (Patrick, our nephew; Joel, Forrest's dad; Louise, Forrest's Gma; and Eric, Forrest's uncle). Then Forrest and our roomie, Michael...headed to Fayetteville for the USC vs. Ark game....and I went to West Point, MS with his fam to go to my 1st "Prairie Arts Festival" You know me...I like a challenge...so the night before the Festival...I decided I wanted to enter the 5k run....so I borrowed my sister-n-law's shoes that were 1/2 size too small. Mike, Forrest's brother-n-law also ran. I finished 2nd in my age division (25-29) and received this fun prize (a ceramic trivet) --see below. Much better than a silly, gold trophy huh? The festival was a lot of fun, and I bought a cool "country chic" black chair with a rooster and "southern sayings" ...for only $20!! (picture coming soon). Who knows--maybe next year I can be a vendor with my paintings! :) Hears hoping! More blogging to come soon...get excited!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Segrest Family said...

tell forrest that despite the loss, he looks cool with his headset! and congrats on your second place! what is the word on your job front?
mk

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home