Friday, May 18, 2007

We're having a ....HE!!!!!!!!

Well....our Dr.'s visit yesterday went very good and we had a good time....trying to make sure we all were certain it's a little BOY! It's a little early to do the 'gender' ultrasound at 18 wks. when usually done around 20-22wks, but our doctor wanted me to come in one more time before we moved so...we thought we'd take our chances! The ultrasound tech was sweet and reassured me (since I couldn't really see the screen that well, nor the TV screen) that if it were a girl...it would NOT have the parts she was pointing out. Forrest was also 100% he saw the 'man parts' very clearly as well. Sooo I'm trusting them....you can see what you think and cast your vote...for all of you experienced 'ultrasound gender readers.' :) I was sooooo nervous going in there...just for the obvious reasons...and then they made us wait 30 mins. in the waiting room b/c they didn't have me down on the ultrasound list. Uhhh--not a big deal normally but once you have been told to fill up your bladder to capacity before you come...it's a little uncomfortable...but very worth it! The heart beat was strong at 149 bpm...and he even had his legs crossed 'indian style' at one point. We were both very excited just to see a healthy heartbeat and baby actively moving...but I saw Forrest 'pumping' his fist and doing jumping jacks over there in the corner :) He's thrilled to have a 'quarterback' in training! :)
A dear friend gave me this verse to trust in when anxious about the baby...from God's word...Psalm 22:9-10 "For you are He bringing me forth from the womb, Causing me to trust, On the breasts of my mother. 10. On Thee I have been cast from the womb, From the belly of my mother Thou are my God."
Thanks for your prayers all. We love and can't wait to share our 'miracle' God has given us with you.
Top Pic: Little guy turned toward us and waving ...how cute huh?

2nd Pic: Profile shot of him stretching out...she said he was really moving around so it was hard to get a still shot. Crazy thing is I can't feel him move yet!?!?

3rd Pic: An underneath shot of his rear...look closely near the 'arrow' :) I'm sure he'll love the fact I blogged this later in his life. Your vote?

4th Pic: Another underneath view of his rear...You be the judge!




11 Comments:

Blogger Michael & Jennifer said...

Congratulations! It's going to be fun having little boys together!!!

6:17 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Yea!! Norm and I are excited for you both. It is so funny how excited the guys get over having a little boy. :) Now you get to join the club of the many of us having a BOY. Congrats!!

6:19 AM  
Blogger LT (and Max) said...

yea!!!!!
i'm so excited! i can't wait to hear name possibilities!

6:38 AM  
Blogger The Segrest Family said...

woo hooo!!!!! that is awesome! and i have to say, that i have always heard 14-21 weeks on finding out the gender by ultrasound... AND my vote is for sure boy. that is what camp's looked like and we found out at 19 weeks with him! i know that forrest is thrilled (chad did the same thing- you would have thought he won the superbowl!!!)
congrats little mama. boys are indeed the best =)
love you girl -
do we have any names yet?

6:43 AM  
Blogger The Vickerys said...

SO fun! Forrest, now your little boy and my little girl can learn to sail together! He just better not try to touch her AFT :)!!! haha! I am so thrilled for you guys- it seems like it is moving so fast, doesn't it? So does this mean you guys may not be coming to Waco? I totally had my heart set on seeing you soon.

Also, those were really good ultrasound pictures. Isn't it amazing to see that that is indeed a baby inside of you and you cannot feel him at all. I didn't start feeling mine until later and I was always paranoid that something was wrong, but now she doesn't stop moving and kicking and wedging herself at the top of my tummy, so high I cannot lean over. What a gift we as mothers get to experience. The Lord gives us these times to get us through labor I suppose! So excited for your little football player! :)

9:06 AM  
Blogger The Wolfe Family said...

Yep, my vote is it definately is looking like a boy!!!! Hooray for you guys!!! Little boys are SO much fun!!! Thanks for sharing the awsome pictures. And don't worry you will be able to feel him move soon....very soon I would think!!! We are so excited for y'all!!!!!!

9:08 AM  
Blogger The Segrest Family said...

i forgot to tell you... i didn't feel camp until around 21 weeks! and the first time, it felt like a hard pinch right at my belly button! after that, it was ON!!! as soon as i laid down at night, he was ready to play!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Yeah! Now you really need to move back to Waco, so all these boys can be the best of friends!

Love you guys!

Kelly

6:34 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

congrats!!!!!!!!! i agree with mk--little boys are soo sweet! can't wait to hear his name, and glad to see that everything is going well! will keep praying for you both!

8:49 PM  
Blogger kim s said...

This is such exciting news. How blessed you and Forrest are. I so wish I could...but being inexperienced as I am ... I can't see anything - but I believe and I trust and I pray...that all is well with Baby Boy W...what shall we call him for now???

1:26 PM  
Blogger Katie - a Blessed Mommy! said...

Love the pictures! I think it's a boy - which has been my prediction all along! (of course- what do i know?!?!) Such sweet pictures - we're so thrilled for you both & excited to be sharing the adventure with you! Love the verse- I read it daily over this baby too!

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home