Monday, April 16, 2007

Our weekend....to MS (again)

Well blog friends...the weekend went by pretty fast! Friday we headed back over to West Point, MS again (seems like we go every other weekend). We of course grilled out and enjoyed my father-n-laws great country cooking....and my mother-n-laws too! :) Then all day Saturday I had the privilege of judging the MSU Cheerleading Tryouts. It was very fun to be back in the mix of things as in the good 'ole days...but very tiring! I forgot what a full days work feels like, but I'm sure it's a little different being preggers! I did feel honored b/c the Spirit Coordinator and Cheer Coach were the only 2 other judges besides me. So I was the only outsider judge. They are starting an All Girl Cheer Squad....and getting rid of the JV Coed Cheer Squad. So all of you MSU fans, the next time you are at a football or basketball game...you'll know who this group is. They are the same as the Coed Cheer Squad but without the boys! I helped start the All Girl Cheer Squad at Baylor...and it's definitely a good thing to have. Our fans really enjoyed watching the girls do almost everything the boys could! :) Both squads (Coed & All Girl) are very talented and will be fun to watch in the fall!

Needless to say I crashed when I got home to the farm...and then we watched "Facing the Giants" (the movie) with my in-laws & Forrest....they had never seen it before. They were delaying watching it b/c it hits a little close to home with us...but they made it and it's still one of my favorite movies....and yes, I still cry every time I watch it!

Bella enjoyed the farm too. I hear that all day Saturday she chased (sprinted) the 2 horses all over the pasture. I believe it would be an equivalent to a marathon for us. You could tell she was very tired and sore from the way she was limping yesterday...and the other obvious fact that she slept the entire 3 hours in the car and laid ALL day on our couch asleep yesterday. I think she enjoys the farm the most out of all of us :)

2 Comments:

Blogger kim s said...

Sounds like you enjoyed being "home" at the try-outs but the tiredness reminded you that God has blessed you with another calling - for life! I am glad you got to be the "other" judge...but you will never be an outsider there. Go State!

4:32 AM  
Blogger LWolfe said...

Thanks for the comment. Hope yall are doing well. I am sure that my blog will contain many Mary Peyton stories. She is quite the character. Take care.

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home