Sunday, April 08, 2007

RESURRECTION DAY!


IT'S RESURRECTION DAY!
*I encourage you to click on "Worthy is the Lamb" down on my playlist when reading this post. I don't think Gnarles Barkley will allow you to be as reverent as needed.
Many of us know it as "Easter"....so how come? Here is a pretty informative 'history of Easter' video I found on MSN. Sadly the 'pagan' part of this holiday has overtaken the 'Christian' meaning and reason for celebration. Don't get me wrong...I'm not against Easter eggs and the Easter Bunny for kids, but the true meaning of Easter should not be overshadowed by them. I vividly remember these times as a child and enjoyed sharing them with my 2 year old niece this weekend.
Jesus found me today in my 'home' church at Germantown Baptist (TN), and it's definitely what I needed to be so grateful for this weekend and be reminded what a 'sacred' time it is for Christian believers. How come we can't treat every day as Easter? He always speaks to me through music and this morning was no different. Seated with most of my family our church had 1500+ people in our service. I know I know, some of you are definitely NOT into this type of music but today in church it was so powerful to see thousands of people singing it together. Whew...it was powerful and tears just streamed down my face! (And no it was not all pregnancy hormones) IT WAS THE POWER OF JESUS'S SAVING GRACE IN MY LIFE! The words that really "spoke to me" were...

Thank you for the cross Lord
Thank you for the price You paid
Bearing all my sin and shame
In love You came
And gave amazing grace
Thank you for this love, Lord
Thank you for the nail pierced hands
Washed me in Your cleansing flow
Now all I know Your forgiveness and embrace

Worthy is the Lamb
Seated on the throne
Crown You now with many crowns
You reign victorious
High and lifted up
Jesus Son of God
The Darling of Heaven crucified

Worthy is the Lamb
Worthy is the Lamb
I hope each of you were able to celebrate our "Risen Savior" today in your own special way with people you love. And I hope that we continue to have the 'spirit of Easter' in our hearts each day.
On a lighter note, my camera had issues this weekend so this is the only 'good' picture that was taken...of my precious niece Abby and her 'Aunt E'. Love her! Bless her!

1 Comments:

Blogger kim s said...

Sounds like your heart was full of His songs of praise! And you look more and more like a mom instead of an aunt everytime I see a pic of you and Abby. I am glad you had a family Easter celebration. Thanks for sharing the deeper side of life.

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home