Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Weekend...in Tennessee

Well, it's been a great LONG weekend but we are back in Alabama...tending to the necessary things. First things first....on Thursday afternoon we had a doctor's appt. to hear the baby's heartbeat. The baby measured 7weeks & 3 days and had a heartbeat of 171 bpm. I could hear it faintly but I think the lady had the volume turned down :( Nonetheless, I was SO relieved to hear the heartbeat and see a 'baby bean' inside of the sac. Can you see it? Kinda looks like a rabbit (ha). What a beautiful picture! I go back this week for 'prenatal' testing....blood, genetics, the whole works. Then, we go back in a month on April 5 for another ultrasound b/c I still have that stubborn cyst on an ovary. Who knows...maybe it's a blessing in disguise to get free and frequent ultrasounds :) Apologies for the 'ghettoness' of this picture but our scanner is not working.


Onto Friday, I had many 'mom to be' moments with my best friend Colleen and her daughter Lucy, as well as, Kelly and her two kids....Sarah and Drew. We had an early playdate at the Collierville park. It was BEAUTIFUL weather and lots of 'stay at home' moms where there with their kiddos. I had a great time with my friends and their precious children and definitely know an activity that my children will get to know well...play time at the park! :) This is Colleen's adorable little girl, Lucy, we both had on brown gauchos that day so of course we had to take a picture. Isn't she a doll?



I later had the privilege of picking up my PRECIOUS niece, Abby, at preschool at GBC...she was so excited to see me there. We later had a great late afternoon of drawing and playing 'restaurant.' Later that night, she came over to 'sleepover' at my parents farm....so on Saturday morning we had 'lazy' time and enjoyed a good 'ole Southern morning of breakfast, watching the horses, and shopping :) She is the smartest 2 1/2 year old I know. She talks so grown up...already potty trained...knows all of her colors, alphabet, and stores to shop at. :) This isn't the greatest picture of her but I wanted to include her since she lights up my life. My twin brother and wife are expecting a boy in May, so Abby won't be an only child for much longer!!

PS- On the job front, Forrest's interview at Grenada HS (Mississippi) went well on Friday morning...not sure when we'll here something but they want to name the new HC by April 10. Please pray for our patience and faith in our great God. Have a great week all.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good pictures, good stories, good news, and some glimpses into the future...thanks for sharing...I am sure you are on the brink of being blessed beyond measure. Praying for just that...k

5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture. I'm secretly praying for the MS job so I can be close enough to zoom over and take some pictures!

7:32 PM  
Blogger The Wolfe Family said...

So excited to see a picture of your HUGE miracle!! Thanks for sharing and God Bless You Both in this new chapter of your lives!!!!
Love from Texas.......H, J, K, & K

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHEW-HEW!****
i'm celebrating with you eje!!
:) pam

8:41 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Congrats on seeing the heartbeat! We are really excited for you guys! Love, Kelly C.

5:59 PM  
Blogger LT (and Max) said...

that's so great! thrilled for you!

7:21 AM  
Blogger The Segrest Family said...

love seeing the bean!!!

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home