Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A Trip 'home'....



This weekend Forrest & I went to Memphis to visit my side of the family. It had been since Christmas since we had seen them I think. I regret that I did not take any more pictures than these. My friend Colleen who I grew up with in our HS days...now lives in Maine and was visiting 'home' too. I also got to see another friend, Kelly Woodard (Wood) who still lives in the Memphis area. We all were very active at Germantown Baptist Church back in the glorious JH/ HS days! We all met up for lunch on Saturday afternoon. Abby, my precious niece, wanted to go with her Aunt E so I of course brought her. How could I refuse a face like that. Colleen has Lucy and is pregnant with one on the way this June. Kelly has 2 kids, Sarah & Drew, but she opted for alone girl time with us :) I LOVED being around Abby and listening to her mature sayings. We played 'restaurant' and 'doctor.' She too has a little brother on the way in May. She likes to be silly as you can see and close her eyes and laugh. So this is the best we could do for now. Thank you Lord for sweet friends that we can still have relationships with through the miles and months and for a great family.

7 Comments:

Blogger kelly w said...

ej! i see you changed your mind about your "special event"! i figured it was worth my first ever comment on your blog! i like your cute counter! i'm praying for you daily! kelly :)

5:17 PM  
Blogger The Wolfe Family said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. Always nice visiting long time friends. Hope to see you this weekend. Let me know what the schedule looks like Sunday. Heather

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute counter! Let's hear it for a full fledged blog about the the little blessing!!!!
I feel like I'm being trusted with a special treasure by not telling this!

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elizabeth and Forrest,
Congratulations! I took a double take when I saw the counter. You guys will be in my prayers.
-Sarah Beth

5:22 PM  
Blogger The Manning Family said...

I, too, did a double take when I saw your baby ticker at the top. CONGRATULATIONS!!! God is so good, isn't He? I just wanted you to know that you, Forest, and Baby W will be in my thoughts & prayers during your pregnancy! I know how excited you both must be; cannot wait to hear all the updates.
Love from MS,
Brooke :)

9:19 AM  
Blogger The Ueltschey's said...

EJ- CONGRATULATIONS!!! I have been praying for you guys and will continue to do so!

8:47 AM  
Blogger kelly w said...

ej, am i supposed to respond to your comments on my blog by coming to your blog and commenting? i don't understand this whole blogger etiquette thing :) anyway. there is a link in the "credits" section on my blog for zoot. that's where i got the new blog design (and for free)! there were several cute ones, but this one just screamed girly-girl! have fun template hunting :)

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home