Saturday, January 27, 2007

New blog friends.....


The Vickerys are our friends from Kanakuk....and a little of MSU thrown in there. I'll try to make it short, but the skinny is....Joneel, Forrest & I were on Kanakuk staff together starting in 1999. Joneel went to Texas A&M, while of course Forrest & I attended MSU. Her now husband, John David....also went to MSU (but didn't do Kanakuk). Are you follwing me thus far? Well in the meantime...he dated one of my sorority sisters/ roommates and very good friends with the rest of them (all other 3 of them...I made 4). Well...I'm really not sure as to how Joneel & John David started talking...I think it was over the internet? But I didn't have anything to do with. Joneel even flew over to visit John David at MSU our last year there...so that was a very fun time for me to have a Kanakuk come visit ...since we were pretty sparse back in my day....all the K2'ers (the majority) were from Texas A&M & Baylor (which little did I know at that time in my life) is where I'd one day live and love. So anyway...they got married last year and now live in Williamsburg, VA and are pregnant ALSO. We have a small world and a big God huh? Welcome Vickerys! :) [Not the best picture...but it will do.] Picture taken at one of my most favorite spots in all of America....near Branson, MO at a restaurant called "Top of the Rock." We always went there on our 24's (yeah MK). If you are ever in the area...you must go! It's a little pricey...but actually I believe ranked one of the Top 10 Honeymoon areas in the USA. It's beautiful!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Segrest Family said...

can i get a whoop whoop for kamp?!?! i still miss it= and i was only there for one year!!!! glad you are 'back' to the blog =)

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home