Saturday, February 24, 2007

Last weekend....in Texas!



*May I suggest you click Southbound 35 on my playlist while reading :) You'll definitely get the TX feel going on with some Pat Green music! I of course had to post our great 'long' weekend back to TX! Seems so long ago....but it wasn't. Last weekend, Forrest and I flew out of Nashville to Dallas and drove down to Waco. We managed to see almost everyone we wanted to...and caught 2 Baylor basketball games! May I just say Baylor is beautiful. I mean look at that picture of a building on campus? But what makes Baylor even more beautiful are the PEOPLE. Here is a picture of my dear friends, Kim & Rachael. Rachael once cheered on the Coed Cheer squad for me and this fall took my place as the All Girl Cheer coach. She also got married this summer. My kids are growing up! :) And of course you all know Kim. She used to be my 'boss' in Campus Recreation at BU...but more importantly life long, eternal friend. I lived with her this summer before we moved to AL. They both rock....and bless my heart. The Men Bears (as I affectionately call them) lost by 1 measly point to Texas :( And on Sunday...the Lady Bears smoked the Texas Longhorns by 15!! This is a fun picture of both Baylor mascots that I oversaw while I was there. They are both fun to watch! Sic 'Em Always!


We had great fellowship time with our Sunday School class at church and then for lunch. They too bless our hearts sooooo much. We miss them greatly! We also had a chance to see some friends that just had 'twins' in November. Forrest coached with Brent at Connally...and they are still best friends. Brent & Kelly are a great couple blessed this fall with Hayden & Haylee. The twins were 2 months premature! A God story goes along with their birthday. Brent was scheduled to fly over with our friends, the Campbells, to watch Forrest's game and at the last minute said..."I have this feeling I just need to stay here with Kelly this weekend." WELL... good thing he did...b/c that night while we were in the middle of the game, Kelly went into labor and soon after had them. Talk about close call! Praise the Lord for intuition huh? The babies are doing good...weighing 9-10 lbs. They were born a couple of weeks before Jenny's (Holloway) were born. They are precious! Since Forrest is praying for multiples, I made him hold both at the same time. We felt so special with them allowing us to come over and hold the babies. Thanks Merritts!

Another highlight was having dinner with Forrest's former head coach and his wife...at one of our favorite restaurants....Johnny Carinos. Thanks Jennifer & Kevin for a great night of convo. It was just like 'old times'...who knows maybe we'll be back and do it again sooner than later :)
Another highlight of our trip was getting to attend 'SING' at Baylor last Friday night. I planned our trip just right to catch it all huh? My first year at Baylor I got to judge one night of competition. For all of you non-Baylor Bears...to try and give you a taste of how amazing it is...you can click here to see! :) There are about 20 acts (all done in one night) it lasts for about 5 hours but very worth it to see how much hard work the students put into it. Basically every sorority and fraternity do an act and compete to see who's is most creative and has the best 'wow' factor. It's supposedly the nation's largest amateur show. I guess for my MSU friends, I'd compare it to Derby Days but on a stage and a lot more $ poured into it with a much larger audience and the entire fraternity or sorority participates. The Top 8 acts are awarded to perform in PIGSKIN. The performance done during Homecoming weekend for all of the alumni & family who could not make it to SING or rather did not want to sit through 20 acts! :) It's a big 'bragging rights' thing between the Greeks. It truly is amazing to see their 'hidden' talents come out and perform in such a way. They have to SING all of the songs performed with a live orchestra accompanying them, as well as, design/ make all costumes and paint the backdrop. And to see that many boys 'synchronize dance and wear makeup' at the same time...quite impressive! :) See for yourself...Sing Winner 2006 (KOT) or 2nd Place 2006 (Kappa Kappa Gamma) ...Outtakes 2007-Part 1 ...Outtakes 2007-Part II...Outtakes 2007-Part III. The first two links are actual acts from last year and the outtakes are from this year and pretty funny! Happy Viewing! We had a great time...thanks BU & Waco friends...we LOVE you!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had fun. Going back to where you truly have extended family is always a blessing. You guys are obviously missed and deeply loved back in TEXAS!
Blessings on the babies. Twins are a hand full and then some!

1:23 PM  
Blogger kim s said...

I am glad that you had fun and got to do most all you wanted to and see all of your friends. I will speak for the entire state when I say...we are glad to call you ours! We of course want you to move back...but more than that, want you to be happy...because we already know you are loved!

4:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys look so natural holding those babies. Forrest doesn't look nervous at all! Best wishes to both of you during this special time.
Sarah Beth

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written article.

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home