Thursday, May 17, 2007

Weekending....


Well, lets catch up shall we! I have procrastinated this post b/c I don't have many fun pictures to show for it...but I do have one good one. What a GREAT, RELAXING weekend. Even though it's been 10 months...since I have worked...still feels surreal to me to have a weekend to myself...I still feel guilty and feel like I should be working....crazy I know! Forrest and I had another LONG weekend...with leaving AL on Friday after school and returning Monday afternoon, since he can afford taking Mondays off--why not right?
So we made our usual path to Collierville, TN to see my brother's family and then headed to my parents' 'barnyard.' They still are living in the barn loft and have a NICE stable as you can see...and finally have plans laid out to build a big house for all of their grandchildren and family...6 bedrooms! Who would have thunk it? We are just praying it's ready by Christmas...and if it's not...then oh well...we'll make it work. On SATURDAY...Mom, Forrest, and I trekked to Jackson, TN to see my maternal grandmother and had lunch with my aunt and uncle as well. It was a nice quick day trip for all. It's always good to see family you don't see too often. Saturday night, Forrest & I got to eat out at Macaroni Grill with my brother's family...Abby included! :) SUNDAY..was of course Mother's Day...and enjoyed by all.
I JUST LOVE GOD MOMENTS DON'T YOU? So we were at church in Germantown and they played not 1 but 2 songs that our church in Waco sang in a musical a couple of years ago, when I was in the choir. Now, these are not very common songs that you hear often at church or in worship...they are specific to a certain musical that a guy in Waco wrote. So cool to me! That's when you realize that God is everywhere and is able to connect us all together as one body in Christ no matter the distance. And a fun moment in the service where the pastor honored all the moms, even pregnant ones, to please stand and be recognized. :) It was a special moment for us. We then came back to my parents house and ate "Mother's Day Lunch" and as you can see from the picture...Abby needed to show us what a big girl she is at almost 3 years old and fed my dad's horses....so cute! Also in the picture is my twin brother and his wife (mother of Abby) and mother of soon to be nephew , arriving any day now....my paternal grandmother, and my mom.
So...later Sunday I went over to Abby's house to swim in her baby pool (you know the plastic ones we all used to have). Very fun time with her...as she stressed the importance of sunscreen to me! I know I did not know this much at almost 3 years of age. I guess that about wraps it up...and tomorrow we leave again for Memphis...where do the weeks go huh? :) I'm helping throw a baby shower for my sweet friend Colleen on Sunday...so we are looking forward to another weekend with my fam and friends. Ya'll all have a great weekend! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Honeycutt Family said...

I am excited that Colleen is going to get a fun baby shower for Baby Michael. I so wish I could be there! Looking forward to seeing pics, though. Tell her "hi" for me!
Jen Honeycutt

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home