Sunday, April 29, 2007

Weekending: Boxes & Babies


Well, friends...this is a 4 day weekend for us! Forrest has off Friday and Monday b/c of snow days! So we are enjoying our first weekend here in our home in a long while. No road trips this weekend...but alas next weekend we both will be on the road in separate states.


Friday and Saturday were both lazy days, I'm sure today or tomorrow will be no different. Friday we went to Huntsville to eat at Dreamland...very good and good fellowship with our neighbors who wanted to take us out to eat before we left town. Saturday all we did was pack up boxes and lay on the couch. We are projecting for our last day in the house and Athens, will be May 24! On the 25th we are heading out! We did manage to squeeze in a movie, Stranger than Fiction. It was pretty good...couldn't be too bad if it has Will Ferrell in it right? It had an interesting concept to it. I recommend it for a rental for sure.


And certainly not least, for those of you who have requested a belly pic from me...this is whatcha get! [Taken after church and a trip to the Ruby Tuesday salad bar] :) Saturday we completed 15 weeks! The front shot is NOT flattering, and the side view (suggested by my husband) wanted our 'first' baby in the pic as well.



Don't you just love SURPRISES?! Well, we received an unexpected package at our front door the other day. It was from some very thoughtful friends in Waco, The Barlows, that we have a very interesting connection and relationship with. Let me explain. I knew Laura from high school and growing up at Germantown Baptist, well we both end up at MSU and both marry MSU boys. Jeff, Laura's husband, was a equipment manager at MSU when Forrest was on the football team. Later we go our separate ways, and both end up at BAYLOR a couple of years later...Jeff as the BU Head Equipment Manager, and I as the Spirit Coordinator!! Jeff and I interacted often in the BU Athletic Dept. And we both go/ went to the same church in Waco....how crazy is that????? They got us lots of fun things for the baby...and the essentials...DIAPERS!! One of our very first baby gifts. So thanks again Barlows--it made our day...ya'll are so thoughtful to have sent us such a sweet gift. I also have another 'way thoughtful' friend in Waco, Ponderosa Queen, we call her Kim. We'll end up staying with her this summer if we do end up going back to Waco. She graciously allows her cabin to be our home. Don't meet to many friends like that do you? The other picture is of a couple of surprises she has given us along the way...even before we knew we were pregnant! Our baby has already gotten quite the shoe wardrobe for every occasion huh? Thanks Aunt Kim!



We are definitely blessed to have amazing friends all over the country...and can't wait til we are reunited again. Honestly speaking, it's been kinda tough here for our 'social likings' ...we went from one extreme in Waco of having to 'schedule a rotation' with friends for dinner or the movies to here where we literally don't have ANYONE our age we could ask on a whim to come over or go somewhere with. I guess the beauty of this is Forrest & I have gotten a lot closer in all areas due to only having one another to lean on. For that I'm very grateful!



More to post soon. We CLOSE on our house tomorrow @ 3PM...so please if you remember say a prayer for it to all go smoothly for us to SEAL THE DEAL! What a blessing from the Lord! It took my parents 1 1/2 to sell their home...and it only took us 2 weeks! God is faithful. On Tuesday, we have a Dr's appt...please pray for that special event too!



Thanks all. Happy Sabbath Day! LOVE HAS A NAME!



10 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

EJ- You look great. Your stomach will be really growing now! Pretty soon, you will be able to feel the baby move, too! We truly hope that you guys do end up back in wacky Waco!

Love you!

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

EJ,
You have that "glow" and look wonderful. I was wondering when you would post "belly pics". Kevin and I hope ya'll make it back to Waco soon. Take care and be careful traveling.
Love,
Jenn

2:08 PM  
Blogger The Wolfe Family said...

Great pictures. You look SO cute!!! I'll be thinking of you and praying for you guys tomorrow and hope to see you very soon!!!

Love Ya!

7:52 PM  
Blogger LT (and Max) said...

you look awesome...
congrats on moving and good luck! :)

7:42 AM  
Blogger The Vickerys said...

SO fun! Ok, so where are you moving? Waco??? Good luck with the closing- we close today too, but we are buying!

7:50 AM  
Blogger Honeycutt Family said...

EJ,
I am friends with Colleen and I feel like I know you through her. When I talked with her on Friday she told me the good news about you! I am sooooo excited for you guys! Congrats! :)
Jen Honeycutt

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look beautiful. I'm sorry you haven't had a overwhelmingly good experience here in our town. I'm a bit ashamed of that. I think you would have seen the better side of things had you been given the chance. I'm honored to call you friend and excited that we'll be able to keep in touch via email and blogs.
I wish we had connected sooner.
You blessed us. All of us, even the ones who wouldn't admit to that.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Katie - a Blessed Mommy! said...

LOVE the belly pics- you're beautiful in both the front & side shots- obviously in the cute, pregnant stage! Let me know how the dr appt goes & Congrats on the house today! k

8:19 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

You look great!! Are you going to find out what y'all are having?

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!
I have an idea for you. One of my friends did this. Get Forrest to take monthly pictures of you in the same clothes (same shirt or something). You can really watch how you change. Or, at least take the same kind of pose (like how you are standing and the surroundings kinda the same). My friend also did the same idea with her baby. She took monthly pictures of the baby in the same chair or prop. Just an idea I wanted to share. Have fun! I loved being pregnant!

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home