Monday, April 23, 2007

The Weekend Review....




Well....we're back from an 'extended' weekend trip to the Memphis area....just getting back this afternoon b/c Forrest was able to get a sub for today :) We left after school on Friday afternoon and made our 'usual' trek down Hwy. 72 to Collierville, TN. We ordered in pizza and helped my brother put together our 'soon to be arriving' nephew's baby furniture. The boys got it knocked out, while the girls entertained Abby Rose (our precious 2 3/4 years old niece).


SATURDAY... Forrest & I had a date with my best friend, Colleen, to do some 'baby registering at Target & Babies R Us. It was very fun and made this whole new journey a little more real for both of us. Funny side note: We walked in Babies R Us and Forrest said, "Holy Moly"...obviously he'd never been to this store before....it was quite cute...I think we were both overwhelmed at all of the decisions you could or would have to make! Colleen is due in June with Baby Michael! Thank goodness I had an expert like her with me to say yea and no way to some things. Thanks Colleeny! We later met us with my other best friend in the Memphrica area, Candace, to have lunch. She's the best too. We danced together at MSU...and have become life long friends. She graduates from the University of Memphis with her Master's Degree in 2 short weeks! Congrats Canae! We're proud of you and Charlie :)


After all of that...we headed back to the 'barn' for some much needed R&R. We then discovered that Abby Rose was spending the night at the 'barn' with Grandmommy & Pa...no rest for the weary but how can you be tired and say no to a sweet pea like her? I hope our child likes to go visit their grandparents as much as she does...she would go there every day if she could. She gets to pet the horses and have an 'ice cream' party outside. Isn't that sweet? She loves to sit out in the sunset and eat ice cream! Here we are--I have cropped the picture to save myself the grief of seeing my body changing a little too much in some areas. Although, my sweet husband seems to like my ever-changing body even more these days! In the pic: Aunt E, Abby, and my mom (aka: Grandmommy).

The major point for our visit this weekend was for Amanda's baby shower on Sunday. This is me and my twin brother's wife, Amanda. She is due May 24...but we'll just have to see about that. Baby Boy Jones doesn't look like he'll last that long in the oven. :) She got a good load of gifts, and I think she really liked my canvas I made for her to match his nursery bedding. His 'finally' selected name, birthday, weight, length will go in the top right corner when known.

Last but not least...here is a pic I couldn't resist taking of Bella 'co-piloting' our trip with Daddy. Isn't she hilarious? She sits in the backseat and rests her chin on his shoulder. I wouldn't be surprised as many weekend road trips to either of our parents houses if she knew how to get there on her own.
I just have to add this side tangent...Forrest was such a sweet husband and champ for hanging out with 'the girls' all day long...and being totally selfless in my planned agenda. He has scored many a points with me recently. I'm soooooooo blessed to have such a loving husband as he. I know I don't deserve him most days. Seems like even though we are in limbo and it's been a tough couple of months (jobwise) that God's sunshine in the entire thing is that we get to spend a lot more time together and just enjoying the gift of one another. I love you my Baby's Daddy! :)

Enjoy your week...and just remember another weekend is fast approaching! :)


3 Comments:

Blogger kim s said...

what an amazing weekend with family and friends...God is great and life is good...even when you walk by faith. I am proud of you and excited to see what God is going to do in your life over the next few weeks and months....especially on Oct. 20th! :)
Love you friend.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Katie - a Blessed Mommy! said...

I'M READY FOR A BELLY PICTURE, EJ WILLIAMS!!!! love, katie

5:14 PM  
Blogger The Vickerys said...

You look great girl! Haha, enjoy the 'body' changes now, b/c once that belly comes in, those 'body' changes are quite dwarfed by the big belly below them! :)

Still praying for a Waco summer for you guys!

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home